Saturday, January 20, 2007


OK, call me a Green State blogger in a red state

That includes you, Harry Reid

When Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid goes around demonizing freely elected Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, as did Kent Conrad and others, it’s a reflection on why I’m skeptical about today’s Democratic Party in foreign as well as domestic affairs.

Considering our own government likely tried to get him overthrown, isn’t this rather just a case of Chavez taking care of No. 1? And, is only the United States allowed to form alliances, bloc and groups?

And, yes, I am floating this post in part as a deliberate test to see how a non-Democratic left-liberal gets accepted.

(Note to readers and fellow bloggers: I am listing my tags for people the same way as on my blogs -- last name first, for alphabetizing, then first name in parentheses, because you can't, of course, separate the last and first names by commas.)