Wednesday, January 10, 2007


Watching Homeland Security

I am deeply honored that Blue Girl asked me to contribute to this blog. As she put it in her invitation, I get to cover Homeland Security issues and my local Congresscritters.

Certainly, monitoring Homeland Security is going to be critical over the next two years, as we've already seen how the administration likes to twist it to fit their own wants and desires, without making any appreciable differences in national security.

Keeping an eye on the Michigan Congressional delegation should also be challenging. We have some relative long-timers representing our state in DC, people like Debbie Stabenow and Carl Levin. Unfortuanately, we also have a few neocons (or at least they lean in that direction).

Anyway, I'm pleased to be here, and I hope I don't let you -- or Blue Girl -- down.

Oh, and I'll still be posting at my own place, too, 618Rants at Blogspot, so if you need a bit of ranting and raving, stop by.