Wednesday, June 20, 2007


Feeney has a blog

This is just too rich and rife with material not to do a short post. Congressman Feeney - he of the Abramoff lobbying scandal - has started a blog on his congressional website.

It's pretty clear that the posts are about him and not by him. And, it's definitely clear that the comments are moderated and "bad" stuff is weeded out. I tried to post and I guess I'm in violation of his policy:

All points of view are welcome on the Representative Tom Feeney's Blog, provided
they are respectful and professional. Abusive, inappropriate, or vulgar language, and personal attacks are prohibited and will result in the deletion of the comment and the banning of the poster.
I guess my comment about being "tarred and feathered with the Abramoff scandal" was too much of a personal attack. Do you think I'm banned already. Here's a sample of acceptable comments:
Thank you for being a man of principal and justice for America. We appreciate your "America First positions" and need your continued voice in Congress. Thank you for standing up when I know it would be much easier to go along. Never forget--the President and Senate didn't hire you and they sure can't fire you!!

These are especially rich:

"I first want to say thank you for looking after the people and not your own interest to be in Washington. I would appreciate it if you could pass on this message to your colleagues in Washington. I will not vote, and will talk seriously, to many of my family members and friends that live in the states of Congressman, Republicans, who only care to be in Washington for their careers and not the safety and freedom of the American people. If they care more to buddy up to anyone that is looking out for their votes, they will be voted out. "

(my emphasis added) And another:


"You are a breath of fresh air............thanks for representing the people...........we have truly become a government of special interests............"


Reading the comments, I felt like I was participating in some alternate universe where Feeney didn't take an Abramoff-paid golf trip to Scotland that he underreported the cost on and didn't write a letter on Jack's client's behalf on another matter.

Where in the world do these people live? Oops - I forgot. I'm in Florida.