Monday, June 11, 2007


Has The President Fallen Off The Wagon?



On Friday AmericaBlog published a series of photos apparently taken Thursday showing President Bush drinking something called Buckler Beer with the German Prime Minister. Buckler Beer is a near beer, but AA tells alcoholics like our President not to drink near beer.

On Friday morning Bush missed some meetings at the G8. Reportedly he was suffering from a bug.

On Saturday Bush committed a serious (but laughable) diplomatic gaffe during his meeting with the Pope.

Later that day he visited Albania and said "At some point in time, sooner rather than later, you've got to say, 'Enough is enough — Kosovo is independent,' " Mr. Bush said...."In terms of a deadline, there needs to be one. It needs to happen."

But on Sunday, Mr. Bush tried to backtrack when asked when that deadline might be. "First of all, I don't think I called for a deadline," Mr. Bush said, during a press appearance with Mr. Berisha in the courtyard of a government ministry building. He was reminded that he had.

"I did?" he asked, sounding surprised. "What exactly did I say? I said deadline? O.K., yes, then I meant what I said." The reporters laughed.
John Aravosis asked it first, but I will ask it again. Has President Bush fallen off the wagon?