Tuesday, August 7, 2007


Barack Obama, Chris Dodd, Hillary Clinton Debate Foreign Policy

I picked this up at TPM. What I find intriguing about this video is that Keith Olbermann lets Hillary Clinton into the middle of the exchange. I thought it odd when I watched the debate tonight. I still think it is odd. The exchange was clearly between Dodd and Obama. Both were doing well. A third player wasn't needed. It looks like Olbermann gave Hillary is a chance to take some free shots at Barack who was in the middle of a tangle with Chris Dodd.

Notice that the crowd boos Hillary when she talks about Barack keeping his mouth shut, and applauds when Barack comments that the American people have a right to know what their leaders think about important foreign policy issues. My guess is that this exchange will be scored a Hillary win by the big boys, but both the crowd and PA commenter Leon723 disagree.