Monday, August 27, 2007


What is it with Republican perverts and public bathrooms?

Before I launch into this creep, let me make one thing clear...I don't give a rat's ass where you put your winkie in private. So long as you wag it in private, that is none of my business. I agree with Molly Ivins there - I don't care who you are screwing in private, so long as you aren't screwing the public. That said - when you start wagging it in public, that's a crime.

And that said, lets make it perfectly clear that it isn't 'teh gay' that invokes our wrath and scorn - it is the hypocrisy.

Sen. Larry E. Craig, an Idaho Republican was arrested June 11 in a public restroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, where the incident report states he was “detained for approximately 45 minutes, interviewed, photographed, fingerprinted and released, and police prepared a formal complaint for interference with privacy and disorderly conduct.” The report states that a plainclothes officer was investigating complaints about sexual activity in the men's room. Per the police report, that facility has been the site of “numerous arrests regarding sexual activity in the public restroom.”

The arresting officers report detailed the behavior that led to the arrest of Craig:

My experience has shown that individuals engaging in lewd conduct use their bags to block the view from the front of their stall. From my seated position, I could observe the shoes and ankles of Craig seated to the left of me. […]

At 1216 hours, Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct. Craig tapped his toes several times and moves his foot closer to my foot. I moved my foot up and down slowly. While this was occurring, the male in the stall to my right was still present. I could hear several unknown persons in the restroom that appeared to use the restroom for its intended use. The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area.

This is the same Larry Craig who piously derided Bill Clinton as a "naughty boy" and who has a zero-score on gay-rights issues.

Let's just call him what he is...a self-loathing closeted queen.