Tuesday, September 18, 2007


Chinese Boom

Tonight's funny is an animated short. It is amusing. It reminds me of editorial cartoons I remember seeing in archived pre-revolution Chinese newspapers when I took a Chinese history course. I guess you can say the more things change, the more they stay the same.



This cartoon was posted by GlobeCartoon.

Frankly, I am bored with the same old topics. Anybody have any influence with Kevin Drum? Maybe he could find a new topic or two. You know something other than cats in need of universal health care.

Maybe we could talk about the Chinese economy. I heard that the Chinese are laying off their soldiers. Laid off soldiers rioted in one Chinese city just last week. There seems to be emerging class warfare between Hummer drivers and Mazda drivers. The Chinese are developing a car culture. Jesus just when the internal combustion engine is becoming obsolete a billion Chinese discover the freedom of the open road.

Don't let the next line fool you. I haven't posted anything after this break.