Monday, September 17, 2007


Sally Fields Is Censored By "The War Is Good" Cheerleader Channel

One of the most respected actors of her age received an Emmy last night. The awards were broadcast on Fox. Watch as her acceptance speech is censored by America's defacto state television network. Pravda couldn't have done it better. INGSOC would be proud.



Crooks and Liars reports that the deleted words were "god-damned wars in the first place." Maybe it's just me but growing up my father always used the phrase "god-damned war" when he referred to any war. My dad was a naval aircrew man whose initial unit was reduced in combat from 64 to 8. Nobody ever had the balls enough to censor him. My dad's point. All wars are god-damned. That is why they should never be the first option. I have a hunch that just about everybody who ever fought in any war agrees. If we heard the term "god-damned" connected with "war" more often, maybe we would think about its horror.

SALLY FIELD On being censored by Fox: ''I have no comment other than, 'Oh, well.' I said what I wanted to say.''