Wednesday, October 3, 2007


Rush Limbaugh Responds To VoteVets.org Ad

Rush Limbaugh has responded to the VoteVets ad posted a couple of times below by comparing Brian McGough to a suicide bomber.

You know, this is such a blatant use of a valiant combat veteran, lying to him about what I said, then strapping those lies to his belt, sending him out via the media in a TV ad to walk into as many people as he can walk into.
Media Matters has the audio. You can read the entire transcript after the break.

To invoke the imagery of a suicide bomber when characterizing someone for criticizing his "phony soldiers" comment is a further insult to all American military personnel, especially military personnel who have had to suffer both the loss of their companions and real injuries at the hands of real suicide bombers. Apparently Rush doesn't know the difference between a victim's broken bones and a blowhard's broken ego.

Rush, at long last have you no shame.


IMBAUGH: VoteVets.org has -- they describe themselves as an organization comprised of veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan campaigns who oppose current policy in Iraq. They've put together a TV ad that takes aim at me. This ad's going to run on Fox News, on CNN, it's going to run on WMAL radio in Washington, $60,000 ad buy that's going to run, I think, on our local West Palm Beach station down here. And there's a man identified as Brian McCoff -- McGough -- it's M-C-G-O-U-G-H, I'm not sure how he pronounces it, McGo, McGuff -- I haven't watched the ad.

He discusses his service in Iraq, the wounds he suffered there, and he says to me in this ad, "Until you have the guts to call me a 'phony soldier' to my face, stop telling lies about my service." You know, this is such a blatant use of a valiant combat veteran, lying to him about what I said, then strapping those lies to his belt, sending him out via the media in a TV ad to walk into as many people as he can walk into.

This man will always be a hero to this country with everyone. Whoever pumped him full of these lies about what I said and embarrassed him with this ad has betrayed him. They're not hurting me, they're betraying this soldier. Now, unless he actually believes what he's saying, in which case it's just so unfortunate and sad when the truth of what I said is right out there to be learned.