Sunday, February 10, 2008


At the End of the Day

Another day, another end.

  • The "news" network that had all their eggs in Rudy Giuliani's basket? Yeah, they're not letting little things like party unity stand in the way of smearing their presumptive standard bearer, even if "America's Mayor" has already thrown his lot in with him.
  • Obama took all of yesterday's nominating contests, and it appears as if Huckabee has too (WA is still to close to call). Today, Democrats remember the Maine.
  • Quote of the Day comes from Ron Paul: "If I may quote Trotsky of all people, this Revolution is permanent." But he continues: "...[W]ith so many primaries and caucuses now over, we do not now need so big a national campaign staff, and so I am making it leaner and tighter. I also have another priority. I have constituents in my home district that I must serve. I cannot and will not let them down. And I have another battle I must face here as well. If I were to lose the primary for my congressional seat, all our opponents would react with glee, and pretend it was a rejection of our ideas. I cannot and will not let that happen." Translation? "All that $$ I took in donations to my presidential campaign is mine, mine, mwa-ha-ha!!" That sound you just heard from your neighbor's basement is the lamentations of another disillusioned Libertarian.
  • Ben Shapiro is living proof that people who were born the year that I graduated high school should never be allowed to write professionally (if at all); at least, not until I'm like 127 years old. Ben's latest epiphany? Americans are racists, and they prove their racism by voting for...Barack Obama? Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.