Tuesday, July 1, 2008


Obama Should Do What Bush Did

Here's hoping Obama follows George Bush's example as President.

Campaign as a centrist, moderate, new kind of politican, then turn around and govern to the far extreme of his own party.

(Although what the MSM labels "extreme left" is actually the real "center" because it's what the majority of Americans have been telling pollsters they want for a couple of decades now.)

I'm fine with Obama playing nice with the DINOs and Blue Dogs right up through November 4, as long as first thing in the morning November 5, he tells them:

"Thanks for your votes, bitches; now sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up."

I want to hear an Inaugural Address that demolishes Reagan/Bush America in a single blow. I want Obama to announce:

  • Immediate Withdrawal from Iraq
  • Eliminate Aid to Pakistan Until They Cough Up Bin Laden
  • Get Reparations from Saudi Arabia for 9-11 (15 of 19 terrorists, remember?)
  • Single-Payer Health Insurance
  • Double the Minimum Wage
  • Promote Unionization
  • Progressive Taxation - Soak the Rich
  • Repeal NAFTA and CAFTA
  • Repeal Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, FISA and every other law that infringes on civil liberties
  • Restore the Clean Air, Clean Water and Superfund Acts and fully fund their implementation
  • $1 Trillion Crash Program to Rebuild Nation's Infrastructure
  • $1 Trillion Crash Program to Replace Fossil Fuels with Renewables (Not Nuclear)
  • Outlaw Vote ID requirements
  • Cancel the Drug War and use the money to create 10 million treatment beds.
  • Eliminate Aid to Israel until they abandon all the West Bank settlements and cut a land-for-peace deal with the Palestinians.

And I almost forgot:

  • Arrest George W. Bush, Richard Cheney, David Addington, John Yoo, and Alberto Gonzales, charge them with treason, convict their guilty asses and throw them in a SuperMax prison for the rest of eternity.

I want Obama to lean on Congress so hard he makes the Full Johnson seem like an air kiss. I want him to make Blue Dogs such pariahs that even lobbyists won't speak to them. I want him to appoint federal judges so liberal they make Dennis Kucinich look conservative. I want Antonin Scalia's head to explode. I want Samuel Alito sobbing in despair on national television. I want Clarence Thomas to get "race traitor" tattooed on his forehead.

If Obama does all that, I'll forgive him every stupid, self-destructive, un-democratic campaign pander.

That's hypocrisy I can get behind.

(No, I don't think Obama's going to announce all that, much less actually do it. But I am sure he's going to get miles closer to those goals than McCain would.)

Cross-posted at Blue in the Bluegrass.