Friday, January 12, 2007


From the Heart of Florida

Greetings from Orlando!

I'm thrilled to be a part of a great project, keeping tabs on the folks here in Florida. We have 25 House members and I've committed to watching 9 and our Senators. I'll do my best to keep up with the others but take a look at the fun we'll be having.

In the group, I'm looking at Tim Mahoney, the Democratic replacement for Mark Foley; Ron Klien, another new Democrat that replaced 13-term Republican Clay Shaw; and Vern Buchanon, who is in the seat being disputed by Democrat Christine Jennings because of an 18,000 undervote in their race (electronic balloting strikes again).

I'll also be following the Central Florida delegation which features Tom Feeney, an Abramoff-Delay crony, so it should be great fun.

I've noticed a few of the Republicans I'm covering have already broken ranks and crossed over to the Good Guys on a few votes. I'll check back in with some more information on that in a bit. It's great to be here and I only hope I can keep you as informed as the rest of my esteemed colleagues.

Deb-TUD