Monday, May 7, 2007


Humorous Anecdote

If you're looking for something substantive, pass. I just thought this was funny enough to share.

I'm a graduate student in Western Washington University's Political Science Department, and I walked into the department office this morning to check my box and recycle the crap that's in it. I threw a stack of papers into the recycling bin and noticed a flier for Regent University's School of Law sitting on top of a pile already in the bin - pretty much where it belongs (except, perhaps, in the toilet). WWU has a local reputation for being one of the premier liberal campuses in the region (second only, perhaps, to The Evergreen State College), and it just seemed so perfect that this particular flier would end up with the rest of the rubbish. Upon further inspection, I saw that it was addressed to an emeritus professor who no longer maintains an office in the building, so that is the most likely reason it was scrapped. However, it's nice to know that our departmental secretary knew well enough that it didn't belong on the Law School Info bulletin board. ^_^