Sunday, February 11, 2007


Let's Frame the Question a Different Way.

I've read the anti-Hillary sentiment and the need to post a protest vote. Let's look at this in a slightly different way.

If McCain/Lieberman (and I'll be the first to say this will be the Republican ticket in '08) is the Republican ticket and they've already said they favor the surge and other long-term strategies in Iraq

and

Clinton/Obama (UPdate: I'll go so far as to say any anti-war VP), who have both said the war needs to end - irrespective of an initial vote to support and, for Hillary, the inability to make mea culpa,

Who would you really vote for?

In my mind, some things are can be forgiven with the right set of circumstances. In that, any Republican in favor of the war will make my vote Hillary.

That said, right now I'm leaning Edwards in the primary. Obama second. Hillary third (and, yes, I have always been a big Hillary fan). But, we've got a long way to go.