Wednesday, June 13, 2007


You Know How I Said Your Situation Could Be Worse?

Today I am busy fighting for truth, justice and the American way, but last night I noticed something in last night's document dump that bears further investigation.

On Saturday December 16, 2007, there was a brief email exchange between Monica Goodling and Rachel Paulose discussing the trials of Tim Griffin.

Monica--Subject Re: My Friday Afternoon --

"You know how I said your situation could be worse? Welcome to Tim's world. (BTW this was an interim AG appointment, just like yours [redaction]Tim, mind you, is an Oxford grad with prosecution exp. Will send you his release."

Rachel--Subject Re: My Friday Afternoon --

"good governor. Thank you for the reminder to count my blessings. I on my way to kickboxing class. Are you in the office late afternoon?"
I know what you are thinking. This is just Monica letting off steam. It is office talk among gal pals, and nothing more. Think about it a little. Monica was sharing her thoughts with Rachel about the trials of Tim Griffin. Rachel might have something to tell congressional investigators. At the very least, the exchange would suggest a telephone call, or an examination of their emails.

At the very least I would like to know what was redacted. It is taken right out of the middle of the relevant part of the Goodling email. I don't think it was a brownie recipe. The redaction is without doubt obstruction.