Tuesday, July 17, 2007


ABC goes 'Inside the Surge.'

From Think Progress: ABC goes 'Inside the Surge.':

Last night, ABC’s Nightline aired a segment capturing a rare view from the ground of the fighting that mires U.S. troops in Baghdad. Through the lens of an embedded reporter, ABC followed several U.S. soldiers for two weeks in May, watching them encounter roadside explosions that kill their fellow soldiers and embark on often futile hunts to root out “insurgents.” Watch the segment:

Approaching his fifteenth month in Iraq, one soldier made a personal challenge to President Bush: "I challenge the President or whoever has us here for 15 months to ride alongside me. I’ll do another 15 months if he comes out here and rides along with me every day for 15 months. I’ll do 15 more months. They don’t even have to pay me extra."

Lindsey "I bought Five Rugs for Five Dollars" Graham? You out there, Son?

I think that Soldier was talking to you, and the deluded few (26% now, I believe) who still support this clusterfuck.

How the hell can any of them - most of whom have never sacrificed anything - keep demanding that so few keep giving, more and more and more, and it is never enough and it is never going to be enough.

How dare they. They truly have no shame. They have to be utterly devoid of a moral core. Do they even have reflections when they look into a mirror?