Wednesday, September 3, 2008


Hell yes, I'm the "angry left!"

Last night the worst president in the history of the republic derided me as "the angry left."

Frankly, I don't think that is a bad thing, and I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you if you aren't mad as hell, if you haven't been in a coma for the last eight years.

I tend to get just a tad pissed off when my government is a tragic joke that gets a lot of people killed.

I'm mad as hell that the August 6, 2001 PDB was dismissed with a glib "OK, you've covered your ass now," and I'm furious about the three thousand people who died because the fucking moron ignored the warnings of President Clinton, who was scoffed at when he tried to warn the incoming administration that terrorism would be the gravest threat this country faced in the coming years.

I'm angry that they took their eyes off the ball in Afghanistan and invaded a county that had nothing to with attacking this country.

I'm pissed off that over a million Iraqis have died prematurely because of aWol's Mesopotamian Adventure. I'm mad as hell that 4150 gold star families have been created because some pasty, fatassed neocon bastards who have never risked anything save other peoples money decided the game they really wanted to try their hand at involved risking other people's lives.

I'm angry that the war in Iraq was ever started, and I'm angry that it was mismanaged and devolved into a quagmire we can't get out of.

I'm angry that New Orleans was allowed to sink beneath the waters and the president and would-be president yucked it up for a photo op with a birthday cake that was never even cut, but simply thrown away after the pictures were taken.

I'm angry that gasoline was $1.46 per gallon when Bush took office, and now hovers at around $4.00.

I'm angry that every time I go to the grocery store I see a new sign for a home in Brookside that will be sold at auction, and lately I see the word "NO" spraypainted in large black letters on those signs as the auction date nears.

I am angry that it isn't a given that my kids will do at least as well as we did.

I am angry that there are ideologues who want to get government out of the boardroom but inject it into the bedroom.

I'm angry that we have leaders who think that the Geneva Conventions are "quaint."

I'm angry that the Military Commissions Act suspended Habeas Corpus and legitimized torture. I am absolutely furious that we even have to debate torture seriously, and I feel like I fell through the looking glass when those of us who oppose it are the ones who are derided for expressing a shred of humanity.

I'm angry that these people think that the Constitution is merely a "god-damned piece of paper."

I'm angry that these assholes opposed Senator Webb's GI Bill for the 21st century, calling it "too generous" and then tried to take credit for it after it passed.

Yes, I'm angry. I'm angry about a whole hell of a lot of things. And frankly, it you aren't angry too, I don't even think I want to know you.